Hope Street connects Liverpool's two cathedrals. The street itself is full of architectural interest.
One such building is the Philharmonic Dining Rooms. It is a public house at the corner of Hope Street and Hardman Street. and stands diagonally opposite the Liverpool Philharmonic Hall. It is commonly known as The Phil The public house has been designated by English Heritage as a Grade II* listed building. The public house was built in about 1898–1900 for the brewer Robert Cain.
The Liverpool Philharmonic Hall is the home of the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Society and has been designated by English Heritage as a Grade II* listed building. It is not the original concert hall on the present site; its predecessor was destroyed by fire in 1933 and the present hall was opened in 1939.