This delightful cricket club is situated behind the Salts Sports Club which is 400 yds along the canal from the bottom of Victoria Road in Saltaire
Shipley Providence Cricket Club was formed in 1932, playing friendly matches against other local Methodist church teams.
In 1947, they entered two teams into the Bradford Mutual Cricket League. Then in 1998, they moved the two teams into the Dales Council League where they have played ever since.
Salts Cricket Club went into decline in 2003 and finally folded in 2005.
Cricket was not played again until 2007 at which time Shipley Providence Cricket Club took over the cricket pavilion and ground on a shared basis with Shipley Juniors Football Club.
A lot of money was spent bringing the pavilion up to date both inside and out and it now serves as a communal area for bowls, cricket and the junior football section.