Sunday, 18 December 2011
Winter Sun in Roberts Park, Saltaire
Roberts Park is a public park designed by William Gay. It was opened in 1871 as part of the planned layout for Saltaire model industrial town developed between 1850 and 1876. Restoration funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund was completed in April 2010.
Saltaire was laid out by Lockwood & Mawson as a model town around Salts Mill during the years 1851-71. The park was one of the last parts of the town to be completed. James Roberts, the manager of Salts Mill, presented it to the City of Bradford in 1920 from which time it was called Roberts Park.